Welcome to Nepal Youth Foundation United Kingdom
Nepal Youth Foundation UK offers hope and opportunity to Nepal’s most impoverished children by providing them with what is every child’s birth right: vital healthcare, education and a nurturing home.
Our programmes include:
- We currently run four different child sponsorship programmes depending on the child’s needs. We not only cover educational expenses but also the child’s living expenses.
- We provide vocational training and career counselling for disadvantaged youngsters to help them find employment and be financially independent.
- To address Nepal’s huge issues with child malnutrition we have established 17 Nutritional Rehabilitation Homes nationwide in conjunction with the the Nepali Government.
- We offer psychological therapy for disadvantaged children in Kathmandu at our Ankur counselling Centre.
- We give residential support to children living with HIV/AIDS. Our holistic approach is the only programme of its kind for HIV-positive children in Nepal.
- We offer a nurturing home to children that are abandoned, displaced, or orphaned at our Olgapuri Village . Without our help, no family, and lacking government protection, these will fall prey to poverty, homelessness and unimaginable childhood trauma.
- We freed over 12,000 women (called Kamalaris) from a form of domestic slavery and ensured the system was legally abolished. We now provide these women with vocational training and help them gain employment so that they can live financially independent lives.
Watch this short film below to meet the founders of the charity – Gina Parker and Simon Russell.